Monday, March 20, 2006

Moore Help Coming for Bearcats on Tuesday

Chadd Moore was rooting for his University of Cincinnati teammates on Friday night, that's what you do, but he also had a more selfish reason, he wanted to play at least one more game.

Had the Bearcats lost to Charlotte in the first round of the National Invitational Tournament on Friday, Moore's career would have been over with him limited to just a cheerleader role on the sideline because of his chronic back injury.

''Sitting out there I was thinking I could help if I was all right, but I had no control. I was just sitting there and hoping and praying and cheering,'' Moore said after Sunday's short workout.

Now with another game and more time to rest his ailing back, Moore said Sunday he should be ready for Tuesday's second-round NIT game against Minnesota at Fifth Third Arena.

''By Tuesday, I should be all the way back,'' Moore said.

Moore's back problems are nothing new. He left the team last season because of his back and thought his career was over then. However, the rest served him well and he returned for his senior season.

After sitting out the first five games because of his participation in a summer league, Moore played in all 26 of the Bearcats' games before Friday night's game against the 49ers.

Moore averaged a career-high 18.6 minutes a game and is averaging 3.3 points, 2 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game. Moore's started six games, including the Bearcats' regular-season finale against West Virginia, in which he played a season-high 33 minutes. He had a season-high 14 points against Villanova.

Still, on Thursday his back had tightened up on him and then Friday he knew he just couldn't play.

''It was tough to make a decision on not playing,'' Moore said. ''I know if I would have played, I would have done nothing but hurt my team. I couldn't help my team. So I had to be a man about it and make a decision and sit out.''

Check out Bodog for more odds on this year's NCAA wars. Bodog has the best odds, not only on the March Madness but in the entire world of basketball. Log on and check them out now, only in Bodog.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home